Dr. Siew serves as the Medical Director of the Children's Emergency Department at Yale New Haven Children's Hospital. He received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University with a major in Chemistry and a minor in Multicultural Studies (East Asia). He went on to attend medical school at Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey. Dr. Siew completed his pediatric residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell, where he served as chief resident, and followed by a Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship at Yale. During his fellowship training, he was awarded the Ken Graff Young Investigator Award from the AAP for his project evaluating telemedicine and its reliability in assessing seriously ill children. In addition to his role as medical director and attending physician in the Children's Emergency Department, Dr. Siew has experience in clinical documentation, coding/billing, and revenue generation. He is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and has an MBA in Health Care Administration from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Education & Training
- MBAUniversity of Massachusetts at Amherst, Health Care Administration (2021)
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2012)
- Residency / Chief ResidentNew York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell (2009)
- InternshipNew York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell (2006)
- MDRutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2005)
- BAJohns Hopkins University (1999)