The process of receiving an appointment or a promotion at the Yale School of Medicine is lengthy, and each department maintains information about its own process, requirements and timetable. However, there are certain school-wide requirements that apply to everyone.
All appointments and promotions must be approved by one of two Appointments and Promotions Committees, which are composed of the dean or deputy dean of the Yale School of Medicine and senior faculty who represent a wide range of ladder faculty in relationship to department, academic, track, and areas of expertise. The Committees meet from February to June to discuss and vote on faculty proposals submitted by the departments.
Current committee memberships are listed below:
- Senior Appointments & Promotions Committee
- TACBS Appointments & Promotions Committee
- Term Appointments & Promotions Committee
- YSPH Provost Standing Appointments & Promotions
- Senior Faculty Allotment Committee