Research & Publications
I obtained my MD and PhD degrees and completed residency in Pediatrics at the University of Buenos Aires, in Argentina, and completed fellowship training in Pediatric Nephrology at the University of Virginia in 1994. I have since practiced as an academic pediatric nephrologist at the University of Virginia (1994-2003), Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2003-2008) and Yale School of Medicine (2008-present). I have maintained ABP board certification in Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology.
My research interests over the years involved renal functional reserve and compensatory renal growth, glomerular development and diseases, specifically nephrotic syndrome, hemolytic uremic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy. Most recently my interest focused on identifying new genetic causes of FSGS and HUS and understanding the molecular mechanisms of glomerular diseases.
Education & Training
- PhDUniversity of Buenos Aires (1990)
- MDUniversity of Buenos Aires (1977)
- FellowUniversity of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Research FellowUniversity of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Research FellowInstituto de Investigaciones Medicas A. Lanari, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- ResidentHospital Nacional Alejandro Posadas, Buenos Aires, Argentina