Filtering Protocols and Ordering
For filtering cells in tubes:
- Cut mesh into a rectangle approximately 1.5 cm x 3 cm.
- Fold mesh rectangle over tube
- Resuspend cells in 200 uL and inject through mesh as quickly as possible. We find that a 200uL pipetman works best, a 1000 uL pipetman can also be used but we find that it results in larger volume loss.
Using this protocol we find that 185 uL of the original 200 uL are retained.
For filtering cells in plates:
- For best results (i.e. as little cross-contamination as possible) use every second well of a plate
- Cut mesh into strips covering one row of a plate each
- Resuspend cells in 200 uL and lay mesh across row (can use pipette tips to hold mesh in place). Inject through mesh as quickly as possible, using a multi-pipettor. There will be a small amount of liquid left on the mesh; pipette this residual liquid (~10uL) back into the pipette tips to prevent spreading on the mesh and possible cross-contamination of samples.
Ordering Information for 80 µm Nylon Mesh:
- Company name: componentsupplycompany.com
- Website: http://www.componentsupplycompany.com/product_pages/Nylon-screening-mesh.html