Marc Hammarlund, PhD
Professor of Genetics and of Neuroscience; Director of Graduate Studies, Genetics
Research & Publications
Marc did his doctoral work with Erik Jorgensen, studying genetics and synaptic transmission. In his postdoc with Mike Bastiani he pioneered the study of axon regeneration in C. elegans and discovered the DLK regeneration pathway.
The Hammarlund lab studies neuronal degeneration, regeneration, and cell fate. We aim to discover fundamental mechanisms of neuronal cell biology. Please visit our web site: hammarlab.org.
Education & Training
- PhDUniversity of Utah (2003)
Departments & Organizations
- Center for RNA Science and Medicine
- Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
- Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
- Neuroscience Track
- Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair
- Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS)
- Yale Stem Cell Center