Visiting Student Scholarship to Enhance Healthcare Workforce Diversity
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences at Yale School of Medicine is excited to announce a scholarship for eligible students to spend four weeks in an Ob/Gyn sub-internship or elective. This program immerses the participating students in Ob/Gyn and exposes them to clinical and research faculty, medical students, residents, the residency program director, and our department chairman. The recipient will enroll in a 4-week sub-internship between June – December and will be assigned a faculty mentor.
The visiting student electives available for this program are listed on the AAMC Visiting Student Application System (VSAS) website. For detailed elective descriptions of the OB/GYN electives and sub-internships, visit Yale School of Medicine/MD Program/Visiting Student Electives.
Information about scholarship eligibility is available on the Visiting Student Scholarship Program website.
There are three steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Review eligibility to confirm you are eligible and then submit Yale’s Visiting Student Scholarship Program Application.
- Send the following items to the Ob/Gyn Scholarship Committee by February 28:
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Transcript
- One-page statement explaining your interest in our program
- Letter of support from a faculty member or a clerkship director
- Submit your VSAS application once instructed to do so.
All students will be notified by email about the status of their application to the program. Applications will be reviewed by a committee using holistic criteria. For further assistance concerning requirements for this scholarship, contact the Manager of Medical Education email@example.com.