Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- How is abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) defined?
- Describe important components of the history when assessing AUB.
- What are some of the common etiologies of AUB?
- For the common causes of AUB, what is the assessment and management?
- When is endometrial sampling indicated in the assessment of AUB?
- What are some of the treatment options for AUB?
- What are some of the medical and surgical options available for treatment of AUB?
- What are some treatment considerations for patients with complex medical issues?
- What is aneuploidy? How common is it?
- What are the most common aneuploid conditions?
- What is the difference between a screening and a diagnostic test?
- What are options for aneuploidy screening?
- What are the current recommendations for aneuploidy screening?
- What are important considerations when counseling patients regarding aneuploidy screening?
- What is the role of Alpha-Fetoprotein in aneuploidy screening?
- What is the value of the nuchal translucency measurement?
- Should patients who have normal pre-implantation genetic screening before In Vitro Fertilization be offered aneuploidy screening?
- How does one initiate initial counseling about contraception?
- How do you determine which relevant medical screening is indicated?
- Which patients are appropriate candidates for an intra-uterine device (IUD)?
- How long can an IUD stay in place and remain effective?
- What are important considerations for same day IUD insertions?
Early Pregnancy Loss
- What is the incidence of early pregnancy loss?
- What is the most common cause of early pregnancy loss?
- How is the diagnosis of early pregnancy loss made?
- What are the treatment options for early pregnancy loss? Discuss the risks and benefits of each option.
- What does expectant management of early pregnancy loss entail?
- What does medical management of early pregnancy loss entail?
- What does surgical management of early pregnancy loss entail?
- What is the definition and evaluation of recurrent pregnancy loss?
- Are there any considerations for future pregnancies in patient with recurrent pregnancy loss?
- What is the expected likelihood of conceiving within the first year?
- How is infertility defined?
- What are the causes of infertility?
- Based on her menstrual pattern, you suspect that this patient has polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- How is PCOS diagnosed?
- When should an infertility workup be initiated?
- How do you initiate the infertility workup for this patient and her partner?
- What is the management of patients with ovulary dysfunction related to PCOS?
Pelvic Floor Disorders
- What are the most common risk factors for pelvic floor disorders?
- What are the various types of urinary incontinence?
- What disorders can present as urinary incontinence?
- What is pelvic organ prolapse? What are common patient reported symptoms?
- What is the initial outpatient evaluation for pelvic floor disorders?
- What is the examination for evaluating pelvic organ prolapse?
- What are some examples of pelvic organ prolapse?
- What are the treatment options for the different types of incontinence?
- What are the treatment options for pelvic organ prolapse?
- What additional diagnostic tests can be performed when evaluating patient with pelvic floor disorder?
- How should they be interpreted?
Sexual Transmitted Infections
- What are the common STIs?
- What is the incidence of these STIs?
- What are the presenting symptoms of these STIs?
- How can we prevent STIs?
- How do you test for gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomonas?
- How do you test for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C?
- How do you test for syphilis?
- What are the current recommendations for STI screening?
- How do you counsel your patient on additional screening tests?
- How do you counsel your patient on a positive gonorrhea test?
- What are the recommendations for treatments for gonorrhea?
- What are the indications for repeat testing?
- How do you counsel a patient with a positive gonorrhea test in pregnancy?
- How do you counsel a patient about options for partner treatment?
- What are the exclusion criteria for use of EPT?
- Is EPT appropriate for adolescents?
- What are the most common etiologies of vaginitis?
- What are risk factors for vaginitis?
- How do you evaluate this patient with vaginal irritation and discharge?
- Should the patient be offered empiric treatment for vaginitis without an examination?
- Is partner treatment recommended for patients with vaginitis?
- What additional testing is recommended for patients with vaginitis?
- How is recurrent vaginitis treated?
- How should BV or trichomonas on cytology (pap smear) be managed?
© 2021 Yale University and its licensors, respectively.