Application Procedure for Residency
Our program will be participating in ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service)
Please submit all application requirements directly to your Dean's Office. International medical graduates should apply through the ECFMG office. No applications should be sent through the mail.
For application and recruitment related questions, please contact us by emailing Residency Coordinator, Karen Broderick. We will require the following for a completed application:
- Brief curriculum vitae. (CV with the ERAS program is acceptable)
- At least three letters of reference are required including one letter from the Chairman of Ob/Gyn.
- Medical School Transcript
- Although a photograph is optional, it is very helpful to track residents after their interview
- Application deadline is October 1, 2021
Interview and Selection Procedure
- Candidate’s application will be considered only if all requirements listed in the application procedure are completed and received.
- All applications need to be completed by October 1st and applications not completed by that date may not be considered.
- You will be notified whether or not you have been selected for an interview by 5:00PM on October 19th. If you are offered an interview, you will have 48 hours to accept it.
- Residency interviews for a categorical position will take place on the following dates:
- October 28, 2021
- November 4, 2021
- November 11, 2021
- December 16, 2021
- Residency interviews for the preliminary position will take place on January 11, 2022.
- All interviews dates will be held virtually
Requirements for Foreign Graduates
- Our program will be participating in ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). No applications will be accepted through the mail.
- We require that a foreign medical graduate have at least one month on a clinical service in the United States before he/she can be considered for residency (cannot be an observership) and the program director must write a letter of recommendation attesting to the applicant's clinical competence.
- Passed USMLE Part I
- Before the final match you must have valid ECFMG certificate
- If you are not a U.S. citizen / green card holder and match in the Ob/Gyn Residency Program at Yale, you will be offered a J1 visa. Alternative visas (such as H1) will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants who are refugees or asylees are eligible to apply
- Application deadline is October 1st.