Yale School of Nursing
GEPN (Year 1) Lectures
NURS 504: Advanced Health Assessment
- LGBTQ Health, 2 hours.
NURS 702A: Primary Care IA
- Sexuality and Gender Identity, 2 hours.
NURS 704B: Primary Care II
- Trans Health, 2 hours
NURS 606A: Promoting Health in the Community
- Gender and Reproductive Health, 2 hours
- LGBTQ Health, 2 hours
Gender and Sexuality Health Justice Concentration
The Gender and Sexuality Health Justice Concentration has been designed to educate MSN students about the health disparities of LGBTQIA+ patients through a racial and economic justice lens
Available to masters healthcare professional students of any specialty or department, by application
- NURS 618: Gender and Sexuality Health Justice I: Introduction to social, racial, and economic disparities affecting healthcare of LGBTQIA+ patients.
- NURS 619: Gender and Sexuality Health Justice II: Topics include HIV care, substance use care, in depth care of trans and MSM patients, and other training on LGBTQIA+ health concerns.
- NURS 620: Gender and Sexuality Health Justice III: Primary care management of mental health concerns in LGBTQIA+ people and other health concerns related to lesbian, gay, queer, bisexual, asexual, and intersex patients.
- NURS 622a/b: Gender and Sexuality Health Justice Clinical
Associated trainings: Students in the concentration will have the opportunity to obtain waivers to prescribe Suboxone and take the HIV primary care certification exam