Substance-Related Disorders; Psychiatry and Psychology
Public Health Interests
Drug Abuse/Addition; Genetic epidemiology; Human genetic data
I am a human geneticist with a focus on complex traits, human evolution, statistical genetics, and computational biology. I investigated different aspects of human genetics: predisposition to complex diseases, genotype-phenotype correlation of monogenic disorders, pharmacogenomics, and evolutionary genetics. My current research interest is to understand the pathogenic mechanisms of alcohol- and drug-associated diseases and I am developing novel strategies to explore systems biology of these complex traits.
- Phenome-Wide Association Study for Alcohol and Nicotine Risk Alleles in 26,394 Women Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016. doi: 10.1038/npp.2016.72.
- Genomewide Association Studies of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Two Cohorts of US Army Soldiers. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2016.0350.
- Genome-wide association study of body mass index in subjects with alcohol dependence. Addict Biol. 2015. doi: 10.1111/adb.12317.
- Dissecting ancestry genomic background in substance dependence genome-wide association studies. Pharmacogenomics. 2015. doi:10.2217/pgs.1591.
- Complete List of Publications. See Google Scholar link