Yale Radiation Oncology Medical Student Clinical Fellowship
The Yale Department of Therapeutic Radiology aims to contribute to the School of Medicine’s mission to build and sustain a diverse community empowered to transform health care and biomedical science through the establishment of the Yale Radiation Oncology Medical Student Clinical Fellowship. The purpose of the fellowship is to introduce medical students from backgrounds that are traditionally under-represented in medicine to the field of radiation oncology during a 4-week clinical rotation. The long-term goals of the program are to recruit students from diverse backgrounds to careers in radiation oncology and provide them with the knowledge, skills, and resources to become competitive applicants to the residency training program at Yale University.
Students in their third or fourth year of medical school are encouraged to apply. Students will be recruited in the Spring of each academic year. Applicant must be enrolled in a U.S. medical school and be in good standing at the time the application is submitted.
We particularly encourage students who are members of groups underrepresented in medicine, who are the first in their families to college, who are from inner city or rural communities, or who have grown up with financial or other disadvantage to apply.
Applications to be submitted through the AAMC’s Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) website and will be reviewed on a rolling basis between March and May. You may consider providing a supporting or personal statement in the “Short Bio” section of the VSLO application detailing why you may be a good qualifying candidate and how you may benefit from this scholarship.
Please contact Dr. Sanjay Aneja if interested in applying.
- 4-week rotation for one 4th year medical student
- Rotation schedule will include the following
- minimum of 2 clinic days per week
- attendance at weekly didactics (Tuesdays 7:30-8:30 AM, Wednesdays 8:00-9:00 AM, and Fridays 8:00-9:00 AM)
- attendance at weekly Grand Rounds (Thursdays 9:00-10:00 AM)
- Rotation schedule will be finalized upon student arrival
Goals and Expectations
- Students will gain exposure to Radiation Oncology
- Career development, mentorship, advice, and guidance
- Student to attend all didactics
- Students to attend assigned clinic days and participate in patient care
- Students are to present at grand rounds at the end of their rotation on a topic of their choosing
$2,500 stipend per 4-week rotation