Where To Go For Help
If and when you need advice there are multiple resources available to you, including:
- Other MD/PhD Students: You will have many chances to talk with upper classmates to discuss different strategies or plans during your years at Yale. The "Students" section lists all the students in the Program, their department/lab affiliations, and some contact information.
- MD/PhD Faculty: There are many different reasons to pursue dual degrees and multiple career paths available. Each year, the Program sponsors a social event, providing an informal setting where mentors and students meet and talk.
- Departmental Directors of Graduate Studies: Integrating MD and PhD requirements can be confusing--the best and most accurate sources for answers specific to the requirements of your PhD are the graduate department's Directors of Graduate Studies.
If you have a specific issue, such as:
1. Needing assistance in selecting a lab - schedule a meeting with Dr. Kazmierczak. You can also talk with current MD/PhD students about their lab rotation experiences.
2. Needing assistance with course selection; schedule an appointment with the program Registrar