Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I prepare my sample for submission?
- Please see a full list of concentration and starting amount requirements here.
- When can I drop off my sample?
- As a general rule, anytime from 9AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday is fine. Anyone in the lab who is available when you arrive can receive and store your samples. We are closed on all university holidays.
- My sample doesn't meet your requirements for concentration/purity/minimum starting amount. Will you process it anyway?
- If you would like your sample processed without meeting the standard requirements, we will do so and bill according to the work completed. This includes samples that generate poor data.
- When will the data be ready?
- We expect to provide results within 3 to 4 weeks after the samples are delivered to the facility. This may vary slightly from time to time depending upon the number of samples queued and the proper functioning of the instruments. Over 90% of the time, we deliver expression data within two weeks time.
- What data analysis is provided?
- For expression data, the signal intensity for each target is provided along with annotation. For genotyping data, the genotype for each SNP is provided along with annotation. In-depth data analysis using commercially available software (e.g. Partek and GeneSpring) is provided by the Keck Biostatistics Resource at additional cost. Please contact Aiping (Amy) Lin by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you help me interpret my Bioanalyzer results?
- Please refer to this page [INSERT LINK] for descriptions of Bioanalyzer results.