Genomic DNA for SNP Genotyping
Sample requirement for Illumina genotyping
Genomic DNA concentrations should be the same for all samples. Samples should be free of phenol residue as seen by an absorbance at 270 nm on NanoDrop. The 260/280 and 260/230 OD ratio of DNA should be at least 1.7 to 2.
- Genomic DNA must be run on an agarose gel (e.g. 150 ng/sample on a 1% gel). Samples should not have fragments that run below 2 kb. If a gel cannot be run, a note of permission to process without gel image should be included with the sample submission. Whole genome amplified (WGA) samples will have reduced genotype call rates. WGA samples are processed at the user's own risk.
- Genomic DNA should be diluted in TE buffer (10 mM Tris, 1mM EDTA, pH 8.0).
- Genomic DNA should be submitted in 96-well plates for larger project. All samples should be at the same concentration (70 ng/ul). If submitting in a 96-well plate, PLEASE load samples in columns (vertically) as opposed to across the plate (rows/horizontally). This removes complexity involved in assembling the amplification plate. Please provide an electronic file with sample identities and plate coordinates.
- Due to pre‐packaged reagent limitations samples should be submitted in multiples of 16 (e.g. 16, 32, 48, etc.).
- It is the responsibility of the user to collect any unused sample from us within 60 days of receiving the data. Samples will be discarded without notice after this time frame.