Vinod H. Srihari MD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences; Associate Program Director, Psychiatry Residency Training; Director, STEP Program
Dr. Srihari's clinical and research interests are focused on the evaluation and treatment of individuals with psychotic disorders. He directs a clinic that provides a specialized model of care to individuals who are early in the course of a psychotic disorder. The clinic for Specialized Treatment Early in Psychosis (STEP) is based at the Connecticut Mental Health Center where Dr. Srihari is a staff psychiatrist.
Dr. Srihari's teaching efforts are focused on the use of the Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) approach as a tool for making clinical decisions and keeping up with the scientific literature.
- Early Intervention services development
Bangalore, India (2008)
Developing a collaboration to improve the delivery of services to individuals who are early in the course of a psychotic illness and improving clinical research capacity.
- Evidence-Based Mental Health / Practice Based Learning
Oxford, United Kingdom (2003 - 2010)
Developing expertise in teaching postgraduates about information management, research literacy and risk communication using the EBM model.
Education & Training
- University of Rochester (1994)
- University of Rochester (1998)
- Yale University School of Medicine, Psychiatry Residency Training Program (2000 - 2003)
- Yale University School of Medicine, Yale-VA Schizophrenia Research Clinic (2003 - 2005)
Honors & Recognition
- Resident Teaching Award
Yale University Department of Psychiatry (2004)
- Model Curriculum in Evidence-Based Mental Health
American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training (2011)
- Chairman's Award
Yale University Department of Psychiatry (2007)
- PRA Teaching Award
Yale Psychiatry Residents Association (2011)