Anne C. Black PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Psychiatry
Applied Statistics, Measurement, Addictions, HIV Risk Behavior
- Improving Clinician's Ratings of Financial Incapability (Rosen, PI): A multi-site validation study of a new instrument designed to measure patients' money management ability.
- Advisor Teller Money Manager (ATM) Multi-site Study (Rosen, PI): A multi-site replication of an previous study demonstrating effects of a money management intervention on self-reported financial impulsivity and substance use.
My recent work has focused on risk taking and impulsivity, and on methods for modeling incomplete data. Other areas of research interest include methodological issues related to the analysis of longitudinal and hierarchically-structured data, and the use of these methods to answer substantive questions in education and psychology.
- Black, A.C., Serowik, K.L., Ablondi, K., & Rosen, M.I. (2013). Timeline Historical Review of Income and Financial Transactions (THRIFT): A reliable assessment of personal finances. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 201, 56-59.
- Black, A.C., Serowik, K. L., Schensul, J., Bowen, A.M., & Rosen, M.I. (2012). Build a better mouse: Directly-observed issues in computer use for adults with SMI. Psychiatric Quarterly. Epub ahead of print 2012 June 19. DOI 10.1007/s11126-012-9229-z.
- Black, A. C., Harel, O. & Matthews, G. (2011) Techniques for modeling intensive longitudinal data with missing values. In T. S. Conner & M. Mehl (Eds.). Handbook of research methods for modeling daily life (pp. 339-356). New York: Guilford Press.
- Black, A.C., & Rosen, M.I. (2011). A Money Management-Based Substance Use Treatment Increases Valuation of Future Rewards. Addictive Behaviors, 36. 125-128.
- Black, A. C., Harel, O., & McCoach, D. B. (2011). Missing data techniques for multilevel data: Implications of model misspecification. Journal of Applied Statistics, 38(9), 1845-1865.
- Rosen, M. I., Rounsaville, B. J., Ablondi, K., Black, A. C., & Rosenheck, R. A. (2010). Advisor-Teller Money Manager (ATM) Therapy for Substance Abuse. Psychiatric Services, 61, 707-713.
- Contardo, C., Black, A. C., Beauvais. J., Dieckhaus, K., & Rosen, M. I. (2009). Relationship of prospective memory to neuropsychological function and antiretroviral adherence. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, doi: 10.1093/arclin/acp046
- McCoach, D. B., & Black, A. C. (2008). Model fit in multilevel modeling. In Ann A. O’Connell & D. Betsy McCoach (Eds.), Multilevel analysis of educational data (pp. 245-272). Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.
- McCoach, D. B., Black, A. C., & O’Connell, A. A. (2007). Errors of inference in structural equation modeling. Psychology in the Schools, 44, 461-470.