Alex Kwan PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and of Neurobiology
Departments & Organizations
Neural circuits; Inhibitory neurons; Executive functions; Two-photon microscopy; Optogenetics; Mouse behavior; Electrophysiology more...
- B.S., Simon Fraser University, 2003
- M.S., Cornell University, 2007
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 2009
- Kwan, A.C., and Y. Dan. (2012) Dissection of cortical microcircuits by single-neuron stimulation in vivo. Current Biology 22:1459-1467.
- Lee, S.H., A. C. Kwan, S. Zhang, V. Phoumthipphavong, J.G. Flannery, S.C. Masmanidis, H. Taniguchi, Z.J. Huang, F. Zhang, E.S. Boyden, K. Deisseroth, and Y. Dan. (2012) Activation of specific interneurons improves V1 feature selectivity and visual perception. Nature 488:379-383.
- Kwan, A.C., S.B. Dietz, G. Zhong, R.M. Harris-Warrick, and W.W. Webb. (2010) Spatiotemporal dynamics of rhythmic spinal interneurons measured using two-photon calcium imaging and coherence analysis. Journal of Neurophysiology 104:3323-3333.