Alec Buchanan PhD, MD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
Psychiatric risk assessment and risk management; services for mentally disordered offenders; psychiatric jurisprudence more...
- M.B.Ch.B., University of Edinburgh, 1981
- M.Phil., University of London, 1991
- M.Phil., Cambridge University, 1993
- Ph.D., Cambridge University, 1996
- M.D., University of Edinburgh, 1996
- A. Buchanan. Violence risk assessment in clinical settings: being sure about being sure. Behavioral Sciences and the Law (2013) 31, 74-80.
- A. Buchanan, R. Binder, M. Norko, M. Swartz. Psychiatric violence risk assessment. American Journal of Psychiatry (2012) 169, 340 and data supplement at http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleid=1028576.
- A. Buchanan and A. Grounds. Forensic psychiatry and public protection. British Journal of Psychiatry (2011) 198, 420-423.