Joann Balazs Sweasy PhD
Professor of Therapeutic Radiology and of Genetics; Vice-Chair for Basic Research
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Office of Student ResearchRadiobiology & RadiotherapyTherapeutic Radiology/Radiation Oncology: Radiobiology; Therapeutic Radiology - Research | GeneticsRadiobiology and Radiotherapy
Genome Stability; Mutagenesis; DNA Replication; DNA Repair; Carcinogenesis more...
- B.A., Beaver College, Glenside, PA, 1980
- Ph.D., Rutgers University, 1989
- Stachelek GC, Dalal S, Donigan KA, Campisi Hegan D, Sweasy JB, Glazer PM. (2010) Potentiation of temozolomide cytotoxicity by inhibition of DNA polymerase beta is accentuated by BRCA2 mutation. Cancer Res.70:409-17
- Kidane D, Jonason AS, Gorton TS, Mihaylov I, Pan J, Keeney S, de Rooij DG, Ashley T, Keh A, Liu Y, Banerjee U, Zelterman D, Sweasy JB. (2010) DNA polymerase beta is critical for mouse meiotic synapsis. EMBO J. 29:410-23
- Murphy DL, Jaeger J, Sweasy JB. (2011) A triad interaction in the fingers subdomain of DNA polymerase beta controls polymerase activity. J Am Chem Soc. 133:6279-87.