Twenty years ago, Dr. Carolyn M. Mazure was awarded a generous grant by The Patrick and Catherine Weldon Donaghue Medical Research Foundation with which she founded Women’s Health Research at Yale.
Women’s Health Research at Yale is changing the landscape of medical research and practice by ensuring the study of women and examining health differences between women and men.
Our center pioneers efforts to narrow this gulf in knowledge by:
- Launching and funding studies that respond to pressing health concerns and generate data propelling larger investigations
- Building interdisciplinary research partnerships required to answer complex health questions
- Communicating new health information of practical benefit through community and medical partnerships
- Training the next generation of researchers to study the influence of sex and gender on health outcomes
- Asserting a national voice on women’s health that informs public policy