Erdem Karatekin, PhD
Assistant Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Office of Student ResearchInterdepartmental Neuroscience ProgramCellular & Molecular Physiology
Membrane fusion; Exocytosis; Secretory vesicle dynamics; Fluorescence microscopy; Image analysis; Microfluidics; Supported bilayers; Proteoliposomes more...
- BS, University of Louisville, 1994
- M.Sc., Columbia University, 1996
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 1999
- Z. Wu, S. M. Auclair, O. Bello, W. Vennekate, S. Krishnakumar, and E. Karatekin*, “Control of fusion pore nucleation and dynamics by SNARE protein transmembrane domains”, submitted.
- B. S. Stratton, Z. Wu, J. M. Warner, G. Wei, E. Karatekin*, and Ben O'Shaughnessy*, “SNARE-Mediated Fusion Pore Dynamics from Quantitative TIRF Microscopy” submitted.
- M. R. Stachowiak, C. Laplante, H. F. Chin, B. Guirao, E. Karatekin, T. D. Pollard, and Ben O'Shaughnessy*, “Mechanism of Cytokinetic Contractile Ring Constriction in Fission Yeast”, Dev. Cell, 29, 547–561, 2014.