Research Electronic Data Capture
Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data, it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations.
What Does YaleREDCap Offer?
YaleREDCap is a solution for research studies who want to:
- Securely store study data with no license/subscription fee
- Build surveys and distribute them securely
- Create a registry or database that is secure and accessible from any web browser
- Have control over tweaking every detail of data collection instruments
- Import data from another source into your database easily
- Manage a staff of research assistants by easily controlling data accessing, recording, and exporting permissions
Other Key Features:
- Built-in audit trails
- Automated data imports and exports
- Calendars, schedules, longitudinal designs, and ad hoc collection
- Custom reports
- Multi-site data collection in one project
- Branching logic and stop logic
- Piping data values from one instrument into another
- Robust field validation (e.g., phone number, email, MRN)
- Support for double data entry
- Save forms as PDF for offline collection or for documentation purposes
- Use the REDCap Shared Library to import existing data collection instruments into your project
- Mobile app and MyCap for even more flexible data collection options
Who is Eligible?
Any Yale/YNHH PI can use the service. Projects must be approved prior to site access being granted.
Submit a Support Request
To request assistance with REDCap Support, please visit https://redcap.link/RequestService and complete the Service Request Form.
- REDCap site
- REDCap FAQ
- Videos showcasing REDCap’s features
Help ensure that resources are available for future research; remember to acknowledge the Yale CTSA grant.