Stress is known to play a key role in many chronic illnesses including heart disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. But there has been relatively little research on how people manage their response to stress by engaging in behaviors that worsen their health, such as smoking, excessive use of alcohol, and over eating. At the Yale Stress Center, we invite you to learn more about the effects of stress on your health, and ways to handle stress in your life.
Use these resources for helpful information on stress, its symptoms, and useful tips on how to manage it effectively.
- Mindfulness Tools
- Helpful Guided Mindfulness Practice Recordings
- Symptoms & management tips
- Assessment of Your Stress
Yale Stress Center Info Briefs
- Effects of High Stress on Brain & Body in Adolescents
- Effects of High Stress on Brain & Body in Adults
- The Science of Stress, Bad Habits, and Risk of Chronic Disease