Postdoctoral Fellow; Heme-Onc Medicine Fellow, Medical Oncology
Research Training in Immunohematology & Transfusion Medicine
The Department of Laboratory Medicine at the Yale School of Medicine offers 2-3 years of structured post-doctoral research training in the broad field of Immunohematology to MDs, MD/PhDs, and PhDs interested in long term investigative careers in academia or elsewhere. This NIH-funded NRSA (T32) program is designed to provide the basic science, translational, and clinical research skills needed for individuals to become successful clinician-scientists and scientists.
The major areas of focus are:
- Stem Cells/Hematopoiesis
- Transfusion Medicine
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Vascular Biology/Transplantation
- Biomedical Engineering.
Trainees must meet the criteria for support on an NIH NRSA: a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of appointment.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. For applications and inquiries, please follow the instructions under “Apply”.
We are very proud of the graduates of our physician-scientist and scientist training programs in the Department. Below we list just a few of these individuals:
- Terrence Geiger, MD, PhD - Member, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital; Director Clinical Pathology; Senior Vice President and Deputy Director for Academic and Biomedical Operations
- Li Chai, MD - Associate Professor of Pathology, Brigham & Women's Hospital/Harvard; Associate Director of Transfusion Medicine
Erica Herzog, MD, PhD - Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary); Director, Translational Lung Research Program, Yale
Joseph P. Mathew, MD - Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology, Duke University
- Tonya Colpitts, PhD - Assistant Professor of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of South Carolina
- David Persing, MD, PhD - Executive Vice President, Chief Medical & Technology Officer, Cepheid Corporation
- David Leitenberg, MD, PhD-Associate Professor Pathology, George Washington University
- Mark Velleca, MD, PhD - Chief Executive Officer, G1 Therapeutics
Jonathan Genzen, MD, PhD - Associate Professor of Pathology, University of Utah
- Mandar Kulkarni, PhD - Chief Technical Officer, Cancer Genetics
Michael Hodsdon, MD, PhD - Medical Fellow, Eli Lilly
- Stephanie Eisenbarth, MD, PhD - Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Immunobiology, Yale University
- Kevin Nickerson, PhD - Research Assistant Professor of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh
- Tore Eid, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Cellular & Molecular Physiology, Yale University
- Richard Torres, MD, MSc - Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine, Yale University
- Susan Fink, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington
- Daniel Jane-Wit, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine (Cardiology), Yale
- Alex Ryder, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor of Microbiology and Immunology and Pediatrics, University of Tennessee
- Ellen Foxman, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine, Yale