Christopher J. Cutter, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist in Medicine (General Medicine) and in the Child Study Center; Component Director, MRU, APT Foundation; Clinic Director, Pain Treatment Services, APT Foundation
Departments & Organizations
Dr. Cutter’s scholarly work focuses on psychotherapy treatment outcome associated with substance abuse and chronic pain populations. He examines the transfer of psychosocial treatments associated with the transfer of buprenorphine and methadone, from specialized settings to office-based, primary care and HIV specialty settings. more...
- B.A., California State University, Long Beach, 1998
- M.A., University of Southern California, 2002
- Ph.D., Northeastern University, 2007
- Fiellin, D.A., Barry, D.T., Sullivan, L.E., Cutter, C.J., Moore, B.A., O'Connor, P.G., Schottenfeld, R.S. (2013). A Randomized Trial of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Primary Care-based Buprenorphine. American Journal of Medicine. 126(1):74.
- Beitel, M., Savant, J. D., Cutter, C. J., Peters, S., Belisle, N., & Barry, D.T. (2012). Psychopathology and pain correlates of dispositional optimism in methadone-maintained patients. The American Journal on Addictions, 21, S56-62.
- Moore, B.A., Barry, D.T., Cutter, C.J., Sullivan, L.E., O'Connor, P.G., Schottenfeld, R.S., & Fiellin, D.A. (2012). Counseling and directly observed medication for primary care buprenorphine/naloxone maintenance: A pilot study. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 6(3):205-211.