An affiliation agreement between the medical school and Grace-New Haven Hospital in 1965 created Yale-New Haven Hospital, which expanded in 1993 with the opening of the Children’s Hospital, and again in 2000 with the acquisition of the Psychiatric Hospital. The 14-story Smilow Cancer Hospital opened in 2009, and in September 2012, YNHH acquired the Hospital of Saint Raphael, adding 533 beds and making it one of the largest hospitals in the United States. The medical campus has grown over the years to include or abut the institutions listed at left. Four miles away in West Haven, the affiliated VA Connecticut Healthcare System maintains active clinical, research, and education programs in conjunction with many medical school departments. Extensive maps and directions to medical center destinations are available online at medicine.yale.edu/maps.
- To find a Yale doctor , visit Yale Medical Grouponline or call (877) YALEMDS or (203) 785-4851.
- For information on medical school admissions , visit the Office of Admissions or call (203) 785-2643.
- For news about the school , visit the YSM homepage . Media inquiries should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs and Communications at (203) 432-1345.
- To find a person at Yale University , consult the Yale Phonebook or call directory assistance at (203) 432-4771. To find a person at Yale-New Haven Hospital, call (203) 688-4242.
- To make a gift in support of the School of Medicine , please visit the Giving to Yale website or call Zsuzsanna Somogyi at (203) 436-8559.
Medical center institutions
- Yale School of Medicine
- Yale Cancer Center
- Yale Child Study Center
- Yale Medical Group
- Yale School of Public Health
- Yale School of Nursing
- Yale New Haven Health System, including: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Children's Hospital, Psychiatric Hospital, Saint Raphael Campus, and Smilow Cancer Hospital
- Yale Health
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
- John B. Pierce Laboratory
All data in Facts & Figures as of 6/30/13, unless otherwise noted.