Below is a collection of papers written about research studies conducted in our research program as well as other selected publications by the Yale School of Medicine Faculty of the Center for Wellbeing of Women and Mothers.
- Forray A, Focseneanu M, Pittman B, McDougle CJ, Epperson CN. "Onset and exacerbation of obsessive-compulsive disorder in pregnancy and the postpartum period." J Clin Psychiatry. 2010 May 18; Epub ahead of print.
- Smith MV, Lincoln A. (2010) "Integrating social epidemiology into public health research and practice: the case of maternal depression." American Journal of Public Health, In Press.
- Smith MV, Shao L, Lin H, Howell H, Yonkers KA. (2010) "Perinatal depression and birth outcomes in a Healthy Start project." Maternal and Child Health Journal, In press.
- Yonkers, KA, Gotman N, Kershaw T, Forray A, Howell HB, Rounsaville BJ. (2010) "Screening for prenatal substance use: development of the Substance Use Risk Profile-Pregnancy scale." Obstet Gynecol, 116(4): 827-33. PMID: 20859145.
- Smith MV, Gotman N, Lin H, Yonkers KA. (2010) "Do the PHQ-8 and the PHQ-2 accurately screen for depressive disorders in a sample of pregnant women?" General Hospital Psychiatry, 32(5):544-548.
- Forray A, Crowley M, Magriples U, Mayes L, Epperson, CN. "Prevalence of posttraumatic stress disorder in pregnant women with prior pregnancy complications." J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009;22(6):522-7.
- Yonkers KA, Smith MV, Gotman N, Belanger K. (2009) "Typical somatic symptoms of pregnancy and their impact on a diagnosis of major depressive disorder." General Hospital Psychiatry, 31(4): 327-333. PMID: 19555792.
- Smith MV, Shao L, Howell H, Wang H, Poschman K, Yonkers KA. (2009). "Success of mental health referral among pregnant and postpartum women with psychiatric distress." General Hospital Psychiatry, 31(2): 155-162. PMID: 19269536.
- Feinberg E, Smith MV, Naik, R. (2009) "Ethnically diverse mothers’ views on the acceptability of screening for depressive symptoms during pediatric well-child visits." Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, 20(3): 780-797. PMID: 19648705.
- Yonkers KA, Howell H, Allen A, Ball S, Pantolon M, Rounsaville B. "A treatment for substance abusing pregnant women." Archives of Women's Mental Health 2009; 4(12): 221-225.
- Yonkers KA, Smith MV, Lin H, Howell HB, Shao L, Rosenheck RA. "Depression screening of perinatal women: evaluation of the Healthy Start Depression Initiative." Psychiatric Services, 2009, 60(3):322-328.
- Spoozak L, Gotman N, Smith MV, Belanger K, Yonkers KA. (2008) "Evaluation of a social support measure that may indicate risk of depression during pregnancy." Journal of Affective Disorders, 114(1-3):216-23.
- Yonkers KA, Lin H, Howell HB, Heath AC, Cohen LS (Apr 2008) "Pharmacologic treatment of postpartum women with new-onset major depressive disorder: a randomized controlled trial with paroxetine." The Journal of clinical psychiatry, 69(4)659-65.
- Yonkers KA, O'Brien PM, Eriksson E (Apr 2008) "Premenstrual syndrome." Lancet, 371(9619)1200-10.
- Forray A, Ostroff RB. "The use of electroconvulsive therapy in postpartum affective disorders." J ECT. 2007;23:188-193.
- Smith MV, Poschman, K, Cavaleri MA, Howell HB, Yonkers KA. (2006) "Symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder in a community sample of low-income pregnant women." American Journal of Psychiatry, 163(5): 881-884. PMID: 16648330.
- Smith MV, Rosenheck RA, Cavaleri MA, Howell HB, Poschman K, Yonkers KA. (2004). "Screening for and detection of depression, panic disorder & PTSD in public-sector obstetric clinics." Psychiatric Services, 55(4): 407-414. PMID: 15067153.