Project SMART Pregnancy Study
Help doctors improve care for pregnant women with an Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) by participating in the Project SMART pregnancy study! Find information on the study below. Fill out the Project SMART Contact Form to be contacted about participation in the study or to have your questions answered.
What is Project SMART?
Project SMART (Support Models for Addiction Related Treatment) is a study that compares two models to support for obstetricians in treating pregnant and postpartum women who have an Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Project SMART works with obstetric providers so that women who are pregnant and have OUD can receive treatment for opioid use and prenatal care together.
Watch this short video to learn about participating in Project SMART!
What do I have to do during this study?
You will be asked to complete confidential surveys and interviews during your pregnancy until 3 months postpartum. All surveys related to this study will be kept private.
What do I gain from participating in this study?
Participants will be reimbursed up to $175 for their time.
We are seeking pregnant women across Massachusetts and Connecticut who have an Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) to be part of this research study.
By participating in the study, you can receive confidential treatment from an obstetric provider during your pregnancy. By helping this research study, you will also help other pregnant women receive care for OUD.
Can I participate in this study?
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be less than 34 weeks pregnant
- You must have a delivery date no later than June 15, 2023
- You must have an Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- You must be able to read/speak in English
- You must be willing to complete surveys that will be kept private
- You must be seen at participating sites listed below
Which OB practices are participating in Project SMART?
Participants must be receiving obstetrical care at any of the below sites during their pregnancy in order to qualify for the study.
- Yale Longwharf Maternal Fetal Medicine (New Haven, CT)
- Yale Women’s Center/Hill Health FQHC (New Haven, CT)
- Coastal Ob gyn (New London, CT)
- OBGYN Services PC (Norwich, CT)
- Stamford Hospital (Stamford, CT)
- Bridgeport Hospital (Bridgeport, CT)
- The Hospital of Central CT (THOCC) (New Britain, CT)
- Essex County OB/GYN Associates (Beverly, MA)
- Woman’s Health Lowell General Hospital (Chelmsford, MA)