Yale School of Medicine (YSM) is one of 10 sites across the U.S.A. participating in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’s (NIAID) study, “Immunophenotyping assessment in a COVID-19 Cohort (IMPACC).” The IMPACC study recruits patients hospitalized with COVID-19 as part of an in-depth investigation of immune responses to the SARS-CoV2 virus. Enrollment began in May.
Study participants will be followed for a year post-hospitalization to gauge recovery, whether they develop immunity to the virus, and to define critical elements of immunity associated with their clinical outcome.
, Professor of Medicine (infectious diseases) is Yale’s clinical principal investigator (PI) with , Professor of Medicine (Rheumatology) directing the Immunophenotyping core.
The award is an administrative supplement to the Human Immunology U19, “Systems Immune Profiling of Divergent Responses to Infection” (PIs Ruth Montgomery, PhD, and, William S. and Lois Stiles Edgerly Professor and chair, Department of Neurology and professor of Immunobiology).
The IMPACC project involves expertise across YSM and is a collaboration with the Yale COVID-19 Biorepository, including the following faculty and members of their respective labs:
- , Associate Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine) and Microbial Pathogenesis
- , Assistant Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
- Ellen Foxman, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Immunobiology
- Nathan Grubaugh, PhD, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology
- , William S. and Lois Stiles Edgerly Professor of Neurology and Professor of Immunobiology; Chair, Department of Neurology
- Akiko Iwasaki, PhD, Waldemar von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology and Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- , Professor of Pathology and Immunobiology
- Albert Ko, MD, Professor and Chair of Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases and Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
- Marie-Louise Landry, MD, Professor of Laboratory Medicine
- , Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases);
- , Professor of Genetics; Director for Clinical Operations in the Center for Genomic Health
- Saad Omer, MBBS, MPH, PhD, FIDSA, Susan Dwight Bliss Professor of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases) and Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Yale Institute for Global Health
- Wade Schultz, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine; Director of Informatics, Laboratory Medicine; Director, CORE Center for Computational Health
- , Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases)