Research & Publications
Dr. Venkatesh is an Associate Professor and Chief of the Section of Administration in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Yale University. He is also Scientist at the Yale Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation. He has been funded by the NIH, AHRQ, and the Emergency Medicine Foundation to study health system outcomes and efficiency, and he is supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as co-Principal Investigator of the Emergency Quality Network (E-QUAL) and for the development of the Overall Hospital Quality Star Ratings. He has received over $6 million in grant funding and published over 80 peer-reviewed papers and is senior editor of The Evidence book series. He is national leader within ACEP and SAEM and he serves on expert panels for the National Quality Forum (NQF), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and CMS. His work is also funded by the National Institute of Drug Abuse and the Addiction Policy Forum to advance the quality and delivery of emergency and acute care for opioid use disorder.
Dr. Venkatesh earned his undergraduate degree at Northwestern University. He went on to earn an MBA from Ohio State University before completing medical school at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Most recently he completed Emergency Medicine residency at Brigham and Women’s and Massachusetts General Hospitals and the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program here at Yale University. He is originally from Dayton, OH and resides in New Haven.
Education & Training
- MHSYale University School of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program (2014)
- MDNorthwestern University The Feinberg School of Med (2008)
- MBAThe Ohio State University, Finance (2004)
- BSNorthwestern Univeristy, Communication Science and Disorders (2002)
- RWJF Clinical ScholarYale University School of medicine
- ResidentBrigham and Women's Hospital-Massachusetts General Hospital-Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency
- Board CertificationAB of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine (2013)
Honors & Recognition
|Young Investigator Award||Society of Academic Emergency Medicine||2017|
|Top New Reviewer||Annals of Emergency Medicine||2015|
|National Quality Forum Health and Well Being Steering Committee||2015 - Present|
|American College of Emergency Physicians||Committee Member|