CORE in the News
New Yale research finds that many medical devices subject to recall had received FDA approval based, in part, on the products’ similarities to earlier devices which had also been subject to recalls, including an intra-aortic balloon pump used in patients hospitalized for heart failure.
- January 19, 2023Source: Kaiser Health News
Experts recommend antiviral treatment for people at high risk for severe disease who have mild to moderate cases of COVID-19.
- January 19, 2023
The Yale study on non-urgent blood draws demonstrates a need for more patient-centered care.
- January 18, 2023Source: MedicalResearch.com
César Caraballo-Cordovez, MD, spoke with MedicalResearch.com about a new study that demonstrates a need for more patient-centered delivery of care.
- January 13, 2023Source: NBC Connecticut
Dr. Erica Spatz discusses sudden cardiac death.
- January 11, 2023Source: LEX 18 News
A new JAMA study says FDA medical device authorizations may not be safe for patients.
- January 11, 2023Source: MedPage Today
Harlan Krumholz on how devices subject to Class I recalls are used as predicates for new devices.
- January 08, 2023Source: MedPage Today
Harlan Krumholz, MD, on the importance of CPR and medical advocacy.
- January 06, 2023Source: The Wall Street Journal
The player for the NFL’s Buffalo Bills collapsed in the middle of a game Monday night.
- December 07, 2022Source: Medpage Today
For Medpage Today, Harlan Krumholz, MD, reviews cardiovascular studies and proposes ways to rethink patient outcomes.