Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics
I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Specialized Terms: Medical education; Curriculum development and evaluation; Cystic fibrosis; Transition of care
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM, eds. Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum, Version 10. 2016. Available from: pcpc.yale.edu
Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum.
Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011; 3:224-231.
Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students.
Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong, RL, Jeon S, Honan L. Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. International Journal of Medical Education. 2016;7:144-148.
- Chatterjee A, Qin L, de la Paz Garcia M, Talwalkar JS. Improving linguistic and cultural competence in the health sector: a medical Spanish curriculum for residents. Journal of Spanish Language Teaching. 2015;2:36-50.
Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training.
Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM. Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspectives on Medical Education. 2015;4:93-97.
- Talwalkar JS. JoVE Science Education Database, Essentials of Physical Examinations I: General Approach to the Physical Examination. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016. Cambridge, MA, doi: 10.3791/10043
The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis.
Talwalkar JS, Murray TS. The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2016;37:69-81.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong R, Jeon S, Honan L: Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. Int J Med Educ. 2016 May 12; 2016 May 12. PMID: 27171559
- Talwalkar JS, Murray TS: The Approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Cystic Fibrosis. Clin Chest Med. 2016 Mar. PMID: 26857769
- Wong RL, Fahs DB, Talwalkar JS, Colson ER, Desai MM, Kayingo G, Balanda M, Luczak AG, Rosenthal MS: A longitudinal study of health professional students' attitudes towards interprofessional education at an American university. J Interprof Care. 2016. PMID: 27026189
- Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM: Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspect Med Educ. 2015 Apr. PMID: 25850626
- Gottfried S, Talwalkar JS: Optimizing the involvement of language interpreters during the clinical encounter. J Gen Intern Med. 2014 Jun. PMID: 24706099
- Doolittle BR, Talwalkar JS: Observations: milestones for combined training programs-innovation or burden? J Grad Med Educ. 2014 Jun. PMID: 24949171
- Chatterjee A, Talwalkar JS: An innovative medical Spanish curriculum for resident doctors. Med Educ. 2012 May. PMID: 22515780
- Curran DR, McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS: Diabetes mellitus and bone disease in cystic fibrosis. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2009 Oct; 2009 Sep 16. PMID: 19760539
- McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS: Macrolides in cystic fibrosis. Clin Chest Med. 2007 Jun. PMID: 17467553
- Kim N, Talwalkar J, Holmboe E: Challenges in ambulatory resident education: medication knowledge in disadvantaged patients. Conn Med. 2006 Oct. PMID: 17131901
- Talwalkar JS, Koff JL, Lee HB, Britto CJ, Mulenos AM, Georgiopoulos AM: Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Regulator Modulators: Implications for the Management of Depression and Anxiety in Cystic Fibrosis. Psychosomatics. 2017 Jul - Aug; 2017 Apr 5. PMID: 28576305