I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Extensive Research Description
"Multicenter evaluation of a pediatric primary care conference series" - a quantitative evaluation of the Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum
"Attitudes and perceptions about interprofessional collaboration among health professions students" - a survey-based evaluation of students in four different health professions programs at Yale
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM, eds. Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum, Version 7. 2013. Available from: pcpc.yale.edu
- Chatterjee A, Talwalkar JS. An innovative medical Spanish curriculum for residents. Medical Education. 2012;46:521-2.
- Talwalkar JS, Ouellette JR, Alston S, Buller GK, Cottrell D, Genese T, Vaezy A. A structured workshop to improve the quality of resident discharge summaries. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2012;4:87-89.
- Rabin T, Talwalkar JS. Transition from Pediatric to Adult-Oriented Healthcare. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Resources Guide. North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference. Anaheim, CA. 2011.
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011; 3:224-231.
- Curran DR, McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS. Diabetes Mellitus and Bone Disease in Cystic Fibrosis. Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2009;30(5): 514-30.