Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics
I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Specialized Terms: Medical education; Curriculum development and evaluation; Cystic fibrosis; Transition of care
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM, eds. Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum, Version 10. 2016. Available from: pcpc.yale.edu
- Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011; 3:224-231.
- Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong, RL, Jeon S, Honan L. Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. International Journal of Medical Education. 2016;7:144-148.
- Chatterjee A, Qin L, de la Paz Garcia M, Talwalkar JS. Improving linguistic and cultural competence in the health sector: a medical Spanish curriculum for residents. Journal of Spanish Language Teaching. 2015;2:36-50.
- Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM. Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspectives on Medical Education. 2015;4:93-97.
- Talwalkar JS. JoVE Science Education Database, Essentials of Physical Examinations I: General Approach to the Physical Examination. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016. Cambridge, MA, doi: 10.3791/10043
- The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis. Talwalkar JS, Murray TS. The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2016;37:69-81.