Andrew Downey Orrick Professor of History and Professor in the History of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Infectious DiseasesEuropean Studies
History of Medicine
Social, cultural, and intellectual history of medicine; the societal impact of infectious diseases; modern European social and political history. more...
- B.A., Harvard, 1968
- BACH OTHER, Oxford University, 1972
- D.Phil., Oxford University, 1975
- Malaria In Italy: Professor Snowden completed a history of the Italian national program to eradicate malaria, 1900 - 1962. The project resulted in a book, The Conquest of Malaria: Italy, 1900-1962. The research for this project involved collaboration with historians of medicine and malariologists at the University of Rome.
- "Emerging and Reemerging Diseases: A Historical Perspective," Immunological Reviews CCXXV (2008), 9-26.
- Violence and Great Estates in the South of Italy: Apulia, 1900 - 1922 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1984