Research & Publications
Dr. Adriana Dana Oprea is the Director of Endocrine Anesthesia and Associate Director of the Pre-Admission Testing Center at Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Oprea received her medical degree from Carol Davila University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romania in 1998. Following her Internal Medicine residency at Norwalk Hospital, she completed a residency in Anesthesiology at Yale New Haven Hospital and is a board-certified internist and anesthesiologist. While at Yale, she developed a robust triage tool to help identify patients that may benefit from a preadmission visit. Dr. Oprea has made significant contributions to scientific literature on preoperative optimization of patient care, specifically for patients with hematologic/oncologic disorders. As Associate Director of PAT, her goal is to improve outcomes of surgical patients by ensuring optimal preoperative care for the comorbidies often present in this population.
Education & Training
- Resident in AnesthesiologyYale-New Haven Hospital (2010)
- Resident in Internal MedicineNorwalk Hospital (2003)
- MDCarol Davila University of Medicine (1998)
- BSMihai Viteazul National College (1992)
- Board CertificationAB of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology (2011)