- Access to the laboratory is restricted to authorized and trained users.
- Users should see James Murphy(firstname.lastname@example.org) for ID card authorization.
- Users are also responsible for making the room inaccessible to non-authorized individuals when they depart the laboratory.
- Users are required to be signed in to the resource scheduler at schedulebook.com prior to using equipment.
Macromolecular X-ray Crystallography use during COVID-19
To follow Yale's current guidance on research activities during the Phase 2/3 reopening, adjustments have been made to equipment access, the reservation process and staff interactions. The approach taken to ensure physical distancing in the core. Adjustments have also been made to new user training, largely relating to staff contact.
Please see below for more information.
Although core facility staff will disinfect equipment and laboratory room touch points with 70% ethanol each work day, you are expected to adhere to the following policies within core facility spaces:
Phase 2/3 Re-Opening
- 1. Wear a Face Mask
A face mask satisfying Yale guidelines should be worn in the core spaces at all times.
- 2. Six Feet of Physical Distance
Six feet of physical distancing is to be maintained at all times. For this reason, only one person is permitted to reserve SHM-IE45 at any time.
- 3. Disinfect Your Workstation
Disinfect your workstation when your work is done. This should include the computer keyboard and mouse, and the equipment touchpoints. Spray bottles of 70% EtOH will be available.
- 4. Communicate With Core Facility Staff
Communication with core facility staff is to occur remotely, primarily via e-mail email@example.com in advance when possible, or by calling (203) 906-5759 (Jim’s Cell) to troubleshoot via screen-sharing if urgent.