Apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship
How will you shape the future of research?
We offer mentored training opportunities to Yale undergraduate students designed to enrich current studies and support developing interests in medical and biomedical research focusing on sex/gender differences in health outcomes.
Our "hands-on" Undergraduate Research Fellowship provides enriching, individualized experiences. Fellows work alongside Yale faculty members while learning contemporary approaches to the science of women's health.
Each fellowship's focus is tailored to align with the individual student's interests. Fellowships are immersive, including conducting clinical research or developing communication campaigns.
Activities can include:
- clinical research experiences with faculty and staff
- policy and communication activities
- directed readings and evaluating scientific literature
- learning about ethical considerations in the conduct of human research
- attending research seminars and laboratory meetings
- learning how to function as part of an interdisciplinary team
Fellowship Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fellowships are offered during the academic year
- Fellows will be asked to commit a minimum of six hours per week to the program
- Applicants must be actively enrolled undergraduate students in the Yale Colleges
How to Apply
To apply, please prepare the following application materials in PDF format:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of interest in women's health, sex and gender differences, or interdisciplinary collaboration
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS HAS ENDED
After the application deadline closes, a member of our staff will be in direct contact with applicants regarding next steps.
Qualified applicants will be invited to a group interview session via ZOOM in April-May. Selected Research Fellows will be able to receive course credit. Notice of final decisions and accepted applications will be distributed in June.
Key Dates for 2020
- April 22, 2020: Application Deadline
- April-May 2020: Group Interview Sessions via ZOOM
- June 30, 2020: Decision Notices
- Fall 2020: Fellowships Begin