How will you shape the future of research?
WHRY accepted six undergraduate fellows for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
Our "hands-on" Undergraduate Research Fellowship provides enriching, individualized experiences. Fellows work alongside Yale faculty members while learning contemporary approaches to the science of women's health.
Each fellowship's focus is tailored to align with the individual student's interests. Fellowships are immersive, including conducting clinical research or developing communication campaigns.
Activities can include:
- directed readings
- learning about ethical considerations in the conduct of human research
- attending research seminars and laboratory meetings
- shadowing research staff
- evaluating scientific literature
- learning how to function as part of an interdisciplinary team
Fellowship Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fellowships are offered during the academic year
- Fellows will be asked to commit a minimum of six hours per week to the program
- Applicants must be actively enrolled undergraduate students in the Yale Colleges
These are unpaid fellowships.
How to Apply
New applications will be accepted beginning March 1, 2019.
To apply, please prepare the following application materials in PDF format:
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of interest in women's health, sex and gender differences, or interdisciplinary collaboration
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
After the application deadline closes, a member of our staff will be in direct contact with applicants regarding next steps.
Qualified applicants will be invited to a group interview session in mid-April. Notice of final decisions and accepted applications will be distributed in May.