Apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship
How will you shape the future of research?
We are offering mentored training opportunities to Yale undergraduate students designed to enrich current studies and support developing interests in medical and biomedical research focusing on sex/gender differences in health outcomes.
Our "hands-on" Undergraduate Research Fellowship provides enriching, individualized experiences. Fellows work alongside Yale faculty members while learning contemporary approaches to the science of women's health.
Each fellowship's focus is tailored to align with the individual student's interests. Fellowships are immersive, including conducting clinical research or developing communication campaigns.
Activities can include:
- clinical research experiences with faculty and staff
- policy and communication activities
- directed readings and evaluating scientific literature
- learning about ethical considerations in the conduct of human research
- attending research seminars and laboratory meetings
- learning how to function as part of an interdisciplinary team
Fellowship Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fellowships are offered during the academic year
- Fellows will be asked to commit a minimum of six hours per week to the program
- Applicants must be actively enrolled undergraduate students in the Yale Colleges
These are unpaid fellowships.
How to Apply
To apply, please prepare the following application materials in PDF format:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of interest in women's health, sex and gender differences, or interdisciplinary collaboration
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
The current application cycle is closed.
New information will be posted January 2020.
After the application deadline closes, a member of our staff will be in direct contact with applicants regarding next steps.
Qualified applicants will be invited to a group interview session in March – April. Notice of final decisions and accepted applications will be distributed in May.
Key Dates for 2019
- January 14, 2019: Next application cycle opens
- March 1, 2019: Application deadline
March – April 2018: Group interviews
- May 2019: Decision notices
- Fall 2019: Fellowships begin