Latino Recovery Colectivo
The mission of the Latino recovery Colectivo is to promote the recovery, self-determination and community inclusion of people facing behavioral health conditions and discrimination in Spanish and Portuguese Speaking local and global communities. Our mission is rooted in our commitment to collaboration, flexibility, responsiveness, creativity and person-first approaches in becoming more recovery-oriented and culturally responsive.
1. To develop recovery-oriented cross-cultural educational tools in both Spanish and Portuguese geared towards people in recovery, families, behavioral health providers, organizations, schools, and communities.
2. To provide technical assistance in the development of recovery-oriented policies and practices that will promote the transformation of behavioral health systems.
3. To seek funding to conduct research and training in the areas of recovery, peer support, citizenship, and person-centered care planning areas.
Chair: Andrea Mendiola
Co-Chair: Natalia Gomes
Education and Training
In charge of developing and delivering recovery oriented and culturally sensitive curricula and educational material in Portuguese and Spanish, nationally and internationally.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of recovery-oriented policies and practices that will promote the transformation of behavioral health systems.
- Provide training to all interested in building the capacity of peer Latino workforce.
- Mentoring of students, fellows, residents and faculty.
Leader: Mark Costa
Co-leader: Esperanza Diaz
Committee Members: Andrea, Michelle, Natalia, Maria Elvira, Graziela
Goal: Develop education and training for Latinos in Connecticut and Latino/Hispanic countries.
Research and Evaluation
In charge of being the think tank for culturally responsive research interventions.
- Actively searching for grants and partnerships that can result in funded projects.
- Development of publications.
Leader: Luz Ocasio
Co-leader: Andrea Mendiola
Committee Members: Chyrell, Mark, Natalia, Micaela, Alejandro, Graziela
Goal: Develop culturally research and responsive evaluation interventions for Latino community in Connecticut and Latino/Hispanic countries.
In charge mapping and engaging the community and the agencies that work with the Latino community.
- Establish partnerships with universities, service providers in CT and agencies in the mental health field to further advance recovery practices to the Latino population
Leader: Graziela Reis
Co-leader: Michelle Silva
Committee Members: Luz, Daniela, Elizabeth
Goal: Develop public relations interventions for Latino community in Connecticut and Latino/Hispanic countries.
Consultant: Chyrell Bellamy
1.1 - Support national and international academics.
1.2 - Consulting and support roles of the Recovery Latino Colective.
1.3 - Conduct research in collaboration with Recovery Latino Colective.
1.4 - Provide recommendations for action.
1.5 - Write and review articles.