How to Apply
The Yale PA Program Admission Process and How to Apply
The Yale PA Program utilizes a rolling admission process. This means that those who complete their applications first (verified CASPA application, official GRE score report, three reference letters, the supplemental application, and no more than one prerequisite in progress), are considered for early interviews and admission decisions.
Interviews for invited applicants are scheduled from early-October through November, depending on space availability. Therefore, we encourage applicants to submit their applications early.
1. Complete Required Standardized Tests (ETS Code 3983) – GRE and TOEFL (if required)
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official score is required of all applicants. We do not waive this requirement.
We strongly encourage all applicants to take the GRE by August 1st in order to meet our application deadline. All test scores are uploaded by CASPA to the on-line application. An applicant must use the institutional code of 3983 when requesting GRE scores for Yale. If the applicant cannot view the test score results on the application portal, they have not been loaded. Applicants must then submit a request to CASPA to have their scores matched to their application.
- You must use the Yale PA Program code of 3983.
- More information regarding the GRE can be found at www.ets.org.
- Competitive applicants to the Yale PA Program score in the 50th percentile or above on each section of the GRE exam.
- Scores can be no older than five (5) years.
TOEFL Required (ETS Code 3983): For those whose first language is not English and did not earn a degree in the United States, Canada or Great Britain, the TOEFL is required. Please see the International Students section for details.
COVID-19 Special Circumstances
Due to COVID-19 we recognize the need for some applicants to cancel or reschedule their exam. We are now accepting the in-home version of the GRE.
For more information please visit: https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/the-americas/
2. Submit the CASPA Application
The 2022-23 application cycle opens April 28, 2022. Applicants must e-submit their CASPA application by 11:59 pm EST September 1, 2022, through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Applications must be verified (GPA calculated) and complete by October 1, 2022. An application is considered complete after the following are received: the Verified CASPA Application and Supplemental Application. The CASPA Application must include three letters of recommendation, official GRE scores, no more than one prerequisite in progress, and World Education Service (WES) evaluations (if required).
Applications are only reviewed once all documents have been submitted and the application has been verified by CASPA. It is the applicant's responsibility to monitor their application status on CASPA and complete all requirements in a timely fashion. The on-line CASPA application must:
- Show the courses that satisfy the prerequisites. A maximum of one prerequisite course may be "in progress" at the time the CASPA application is submitted. The "in progress" course must be completed by December 31st with a grade of "B" or better.
- Include three letters of recommendation. These are usually written by someone who is very familiar with the applicant. At least one recommendation must be submitted by a health care professional who has observed the applicant in either a volunteer or employment capacity. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- a professor or another individual familiar with one's scholarship
- a physician, physician assistant or other healthcare provider
- another professional affiliate
3.Submit the Supplemental Application
Following completion of the CASPA, all applicants are required to submit the Yale University Supplemental Application. The supplemental application can be found here: https://www.applyweb.com/yalepa/. Applicants will need their CASPA ID to complete the supplemental application. The supplemental application includes short essay questions aimed at determining your readiness for entering the PA profession and the Yale program. The non-refundable supplemental application fee is $50 and must be remitted at the time you submit your application. Fee waivers for the supplemental application are available to applicants who have been granted a CASPA fee waiver. The supplemental application deadline is 11:59 pm EST on September 1, 2022.
For more information, visit the Admissions FAQ