An Introduction to Programming for Medical Image Analysis with the Visualization Toolkit
This page contains information about the second edition book An introduction to Programming for Medical Image Analysis With the Visualization Toolkit (283 pages). This book is an edited and expanded collection of class notes that we wrote for the graduate seminar ``Programming for Medical Image Analysis'' (ENAS 920a) that was taught at Yale University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, in the Spring of 2009. It is currently in draft version but it is made available in the hope that it will be useful as a (self-)teaching tool for researchers in this area. Please be warned that the book is still in preparation -- in particular the references section is still incomplete.
The versions of the book and examples below are as of November 11, 2009. These will be updated periodically.
- The book in the original .pdf format (11.9MB)
- The book in a compressed .pdf format (1.9MB) -- the figure quality is lower.
- The complete set of examples (2.0 MB) from the book. This includes sample medical images.
- These examples will run/compile happily with/against the binary versions of VTK/Tcl available as part of BioImage Suite 3 (bioimagesuite3_base) currently in late beta version.
- The first edition of this book is still available.
This book replaces a somewhat dated set of notes that were posted about 8 years ago.