Ellen F. Foxman MD/PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow in and Instructor in Laboratory Medicine
Departments & Organizations
common cold; rhinovirus; innate immunity; interferon; RIG-I like receptors; airway; asthma; virome; microbiome more...
- B.S., Yale University, 1993
- Ph.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 1999
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 2001
- o Foxman EF, Storer JA, Fitzgerald ME, Wasik BR, Hou L, Zhao H, Turner PE, Pyle AM, and Iwasaki A. Temperature-dependent innate defense against the common cold virus limits viral replication at warm temperature in mouse airway cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2015. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1411030112.
- o Foxman EF, Iwasaki A. Genome-virome interactions: examining the role of common viral infections in complex disease. Nature reviews. Microbiology. 2011; 9(4):254-64. PubMed PMID: 21407242; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3678363.
- o Foxman EF, Jarolim P. Use of the fetal fibronectin test in decisions to admit to hospital for preterm labor. Clinical chemistry. 2004; 50(3):663-5. PubMed PMID: 14981040.