Welcome to the Foxman Lab
The Foxman lab investigates the natural defense mechanisms that protect the airway from viral infections. We use both laboratory experiments and analysis of patient samples to understand how viruses interact with the airway. Our aim is to identify mechanisms that block viral replication and to understand why these defenses don’t always work. The long term goals of our research are to find new ways to detect, prevent, and treat common respiratory infections.
Current Respiratory Virus Activity
Respiratory viruses cause an estimated 500 million illnesses per year in the U.S.
- Interactive map of influenza-like illnesses, updated weekly by the CDC
- Seasonal virus activity at Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Coronavirus COVID19 global cases, continually updated by Johns Hopkins
- CDC COVID-19 cases and deaths by state, U.S.
- CDC recommendations - how to help in the fight against COVID19