Charles Sun Dela Cruz MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
Pathogenesis of COPD and Emphysema; Viral and Bacterial Lung Infections in the Pathogenesis of Lung Diseases; Chitinases and Chitinase-Like Proteins in Pulmonary Infections; Role of Interleukin-15 in the Lung
- Dela Cruz CS, Liu W, He CH, Jacoby A, Gornitzky A, Ma B, Flavell R, Lee CG, Elias JA. Chitinase 3-like-1 (Chi3l1) regulation of Streptococcus pneumoniae lung infection. 2012. Cell Host and Microbe, 12:23-46.
- Ma B, Dela Cruz CS, Hartl D, Kang MJ, Takyar S, Homer RJ, Lee CG, Elias JA. 2011. RIG-like helicase innate immunity inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor tissue responses via a type I IFN-dependent mechanism. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 183(10):1322-35
- Matsuura H, Hartl D, Kang MJ, Dela Cruz CS, Koller B, Chupp GL, Homer RJ, Zhou Y, Cho WK, Elias JA, Lee CG. 2011. Role of breast regression protein-39 in the pathogenesis of cigarette smoke-induced inflammation and emphysema. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol, 44(6):777-86.
- Lee CG, Da Silva CA, Dela Cruz CS, Ahangari F, Ma B, Kang MJ, He CH, Takyar S, Elias JA. 2011. Role of chitin and chitinase/chitinase-like proteins in inflammation, tissue remodeling, and injury. Annu Rev Physiol, 73:479-501.
- Dela Cruz CS, Kang MJ, Cho WK, Lee CG. 2010. Transgenic Modeling of Cytokine Polarization in the Lung, Immunology, 132(1):9-17.
- Lee CG, Da Silva C, Dela Cruz CS, Ahangari F, Ma B, Kang MJ, He CH, Takyar S, Elias JA. Role of chitin, chitinase/chitinase-like proteins (C/CLP) in inflammation, tissue remodeling and injury, 2010. Annual Review of Physiology, Feb 19, Epub.
- Kang MJ, Lee CG, Dela Cruz CS, Enelow R and Elias JA. Cigarette Smoke Selectively Enhances Viral PAMP and Virus-Induced Innate Immune Responses and Emphysematous Tissue Destruction in the Murine Lung. J Clin Invest. 2008. 118:2771-2784.
- Dela Cruz CS, Viswanathan SR, El-Guindy AS, Shedd D, Miller G. Complex N-linked glycans on Asn-89 of Kaposi sarcoma herpes virus-encoded interleukin-6 mediate optimal function by affecting cytokine protein conformation. J Biol Chem. 2009. 284(43):29269-82.
- Dela Cruz CS, Lee Y, Viswanathan SR, El-Guindy AS, Gerlach J, Nikiforow S, Shedd D & Miller G. N-linked Glycosylation is Required for Optimal Function of Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus Encoded, but not Cellular, IL-6. J Exp Med. 2004, 199: 503-514.
- Popov I, Dela Cruz CS, Barber BH, Chiu B & Inman RD. Breakdown of CTL tolerance to self HLA-B*2705 induced by exposure to Chlamydia trachomatis. J Immunol. 2002, 169:4033-8.