Irving and Silik Polayes Professor Emeritus of Surgery (Plastic); Section Chief
Yale Cosmetic Surgery Program
During the planning stage, we use the most sophisticated 3D imaging tools available. With 3D photo imaging, 3D CT scan imaging, and special software programs, we can simulate proposed outcomes so that patients can see the results before surgery.
Meet Our Cosmetic Surgery Faculty
- Dr. John A. Persing is a doubly Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Neurological Surgeon. He is passionate about improving the quality of life of children born with craniofacial defects and individuals affected by cancer, trauma, deformities, and aesthetic concerns. He believes that all people deserve a chance at a better life, regardless of economic and world boundaries. Dr. Persing earned his medical degree from the University of Vermont in 1974. He has been President of the Plastic Surgery Foundation, the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery, the American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons, among others, and served as Chair of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is past President of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, and received the Clinician of the Year Award in 2010, as well as the James Barrett Brown award for the best journal article published in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in 2015. Dr. Persing has a focus on improving the quality of patients’ lives regardless of whether this is a cosmetic or reconstructive concern. His clinical interests are craniofacial deformities, vascular malformations, and cosmetic surgery of the face and body. Connecticut Magazine named Dr. Persing among the best in the state in its annual "Top Doctors" issue in the 2016 edition, along with America's Best Doctors (Castle-Connolly) and Who's Who in Medicine.Learn more about the Section Chief of Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Associate Professor of Surgery (Plastic)A native of Connecticut, Dr. Michael Alperovich is a Board Certified plastic surgeon, full-time faculty member, and Director of the Craniofacial Fellowship at Yale University. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard University, attended the University of Oxford for graduate school receiving Distinction honors, and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Dr. Alperovich completed a plastic surgery residency and a craniofacial fellowship at New York University's Department of Plastic Surgery. He has clinical expertise in facial, breast and body aesthetic surgery. Notably, Dr. Alperovich is a national leader in gender affirming facial surgery and previously taught one of the first courses in the United States on this topic. Watch a video with Dr. Michael Alperovich>> Dr. Alperovich has been named to Connecticut Magazine's "Top Doctors" list for consecutive years and to New York Magazine's New York Metro "Top Doctors" list. He has been invited nationally and internationally as a visiting professor and guest faculty to speak about craniofacial, gender affirming and aesthetic surgery. Dr. Alperovich has authored over one hundred and fifty peer-reviewed publications and multiple plastic surgery book chapters. He serves on the Editorial Board of plastic surgery journals as well as contributes as an ad hoc reviewer for several other journals.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Facial Procedures
At the Yale Cosmetic Surgery Center, our faculty performs both surgical and non-surgical solutions that enhance the natural shape and beauty of patients' faces.
Cosmetic surgeries are an effective way to create balance throughout the entire face. By striving to provide patients with the safest and most current surgical techniques, our faculty reshape and re-proportion eyes, ears, nose, and more to create or enhance the symmetry of the face and reduce the signs of aging. With attention to detail, top-level skill, and pre-surgical 3D imaging tools, they provide the utmost natural-looking results. Our surgical procedures include:
- Brow Lift [Forehead Lift]
- Ear Pinning [Otoplasty]
- Eyelid Lift [Blepharoplasty]
- Face Lift [Rhytidectomy]
- Neck Lift [Cervicoplasty]
- Rhinoplasty [Nose Surgery]
With 3D imaging technology, our faculty can simulate the proposed outcome of the procedures, so that patients can see the results before the surgical process. It also allows us to make any adjustments to discrepancies in the surgical plan.
While surgical results are longer lasting, they may not be the right option for everyone. Patients may be able to achieve the results they want with certain, non-surgical procedures. Our expert faculty at the Yale Cosmetic Surgery Center use the following to effectively enhance natural beauty and give patients healthier, more youthful skin:
- Chemical Peels
- Dermal Fillers
- Skin Resurfacing and Rejuvenation
- Breast Procedures
Many women seek improvement in their breast size and shape, especially after pregnancy, weight changes, and aging. Breast enhancement can significantly improve the way she feels about her body image and self confidence. Our procedures include:
- Breast augmentation
- Augmentation mastopexy
- Fat grafts
- Body Procedures
At the Yale Cosmetic Surgery Center, we strive to use safest, most current surgical procedures to shape our patients' bodies so that they feel good in and out of clothes. Our internationally recognized cosmetic surgeons are trained in comprehensive procedures that target all areas of the body:
- Abdominoplasty [Tummy Tuck]
- Arm Lift [Brachioplasty]
- Full Body Lift [Belt Lipectomy]
- Post Bariatric and Weight-Loss Surgery
- Thigh-Lift Surgery [Thighplasty]
With 3D imaging technology, our faculty can simulate the proposed outcome of the procedures so that patients can see the results before the surgical process. It also allows us to make any adjustments to discrepancies in the surgical plan.