Sumi Thomas, MBBS
Sumi V. Thomas, MBBS joined the Department of Pathology as an Assistant Professor of Pathology on November 1. Dr. Thomas earned her MBBS from Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka, India. She came to Yale from Rutgers University, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, where she was Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology, Associate Program Director of Pathology Residency, and Director of Cytopathology at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
Dr. Thomas completed Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residencies at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. She also completed a cytopathology fellowship at Ohio State, and a surgical pathology fellowship at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center. Dr. Thomas is board-certified in anatomic/clinical pathology as well as in cytopathology. Her primary practice will be at Bridgeport Hospital.
Education & Training
- FellowWayne State university (2015)
- FellowThe Ohio State University (2013)
- ResidentThe Ohio State University (2012)
- ResidentRutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2010)
- MBBSAdichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences (2002)
- Board CertificationAB of Pathology, Cytopathology (2013)
- Board CertificationAB of Pathology, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (2012, recertified: 2023)