What is ACE?
Yale’s Autism Center of Excellence (ACE) Program aims to advance understanding of early neurodevelopment of children affected by autism.
The Yale ACE aims to:
- identify neural signatures of ASD and evaluate their relevance to prediction of outcomes and response to intervention during prenatal, neonatal, and school-age period
- identify sex-linked risk and protective factors in ASD
- conduct an efficacy trial of a novel intervention targeting an early attentional marker of autism
- examine cellular, molecular, and brain mechanisms in pairs of siblings concordant and discordant for ASD to isolate risk and protective factors for ASD
Results from the combined projects have the potential to identify novel diagnostic and prognostic markers, identify risk and protective mechanisms, and clarify neural bases of sex differences in ASD.
Yale Child Study Center and SCSU Science of Autism Series
- Friday, January 29, 2021: Laura Grofer Klinger, PhD - "Transitioning to Post-Secondary Education and Employment"
- Friday, February 19, 2021: Lauren Tucker, EdD - "Uses for Assistive Technology During COVID-19"
- Friday, March 5, 2021: Susan W. White, PhD, ABPP - "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Youth with Autism"
- Friday, May 21, 2021: James McPartland, PhD - "Developing Biomarkers to Improve Clinical Research in Autism"
World Autism Day
Autism Awareness in Africa in China: Life Saving Awareness in the COVID 19 Era
Produced and hosted by Dr. Ugoji Adanma Eze, Esq, CEO and Founder of Renew Our Earth
Co-hosted by Frank Liu, Chairman and Founder of World Harmony Organization
When: Friday, April 9, 2021 9:30am-11:00am
Zoom Link: https://buffalo.zoom.us/j/95705793345
SIT for Autism Training
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center and Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders is pleased to offer a training for short term child care providers of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
This is a free virtual training, and a digital Sit Kit containing support materials will be given to all participants.
When: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 6:00pm-8:00pm
CEASD Virtual Conference: Navigating Transition Pathways
Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders is hosting a virtual conference on transition to assist families and school personnel with meeting the diverse transition needs of individuals with ASD in our state. Registration is free and open to the public. Register online at no charge.
When: April 30, 2021 8:45am-1:00pm
Keynote: A panel of representatives from state agencies to discuss secondary transition and available resources.
Breakout Sessions: Participants will take part in 2 breakout sessions, topics will include Recreation: Building Recreation Opportunities, IEP Transition Planning, Vocational Services, and Transition to College.
Family Panel: A chance for families to share their experience and answer questions.
Direct link to registration: https://bit.ly/ASDtransitionconference
Video Series: Successful Strategies for Teaching Students with Autism
This is a free, 20-part professional development video series targeted at anyone who interacts with a person with ASD in a learning environment. The videos cover a wide array of topics related to teaching students with autism, including the most relevant evidence-based practices along with immediately applicable information.
The videos can be found on the SCSU CEASD website: https://www.southernct.edu/asd-center/services/training
- On December 4, 2020, Kasia Chawarska, PhD and Suzanne Macari, PhD presented "Do Puppets Hold Special Interest for Children with Autism?" as part of the Yale Child Study Center and SCSU Science of Autism Series (link to flyer).
- On November 7, 2020, Kelly Powell, PhD presented on "Coping During the Pandemic" at the ASRC Virtual Autism Resource Fair.
- On January 21, 2020, we hosted "Filling Your Own Cup First: Responding to the Emotions and Stressors of Parenting a Child with Special Needs."
More information can be found on the flyer
- On October 27, 2019, we co-hosted a conference with Southern State University called Youth on the Spectrum: Jobs, College, and Beyond.
Learn about the conference and view the presentations here.