What is ACE?
Yale’s Autism Center of Excellence (ACE) Program aims to advance understanding of early neurodevelopment of children affected by autism.
The Yale ACE aims to:
- identify neural signatures of ASD and evaluate their relevance to prediction of outcomes and response to intervention during prenatal, neonatal, and school-age period
- identify sex-linked risk and protective factors in ASD
- conduct an efficacy trial of a novel intervention targeting an early attentional marker of autism
- examine cellular, molecular, and brain mechanisms in pairs of siblings concordant and discordant for ASD to isolate risk and protective factors for ASD
Results from the combined projects have the potential to identify novel diagnostic and prognostic markers, identify risk and protective mechanisms, and clarify neural bases of sex differences in ASD.
Yale Child Study Center and SCSU Science of Autism Series
- Friday, January 29, 2021: Laura Grofer Klinger, PhD - "Transitioning to Post-Secondary Education and Employment"
- Friday, February 19, 2021: Lauren Tucker, EdD - "Uses for Assistive Technology During COVID-19"
- Friday, March 5, 2021: Susan W. White, PhD, ABPP - "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Youth with Autism"
- Friday, May 21, 2021: James McPartland, PhD - "Developing Biomarkers to Improve Clinical Research in Autism"
CANCELLED: 5th Annual Autism Conference: Community-Based Interventions and Developmental Outcomes
This event has been cancelled, please return for information about rescheduling to a future date.
Please join us for this full day symposium presented by: Yale Social and Affective Neuroscience of Autism Program (Yale SANA) and Yale Autism Center of Excellence (ACE)
When: Thursday, April 2, 2020
Where: Yale School of Medicine, Child Study Center, Cohen Auditorium, 230 South Frontage Road New Haven, CT 06519
- On December 4, 2020, Kasia Chawarska, PhD and Suzanne Macari, PhD presented "Do Puppets Hold Special Interest for Children with Autism?" as part of the Yale Child Study Center and SCSU Science of Autism Series (link to flyer).
- On November 7, 2020, Kelly Powell, PhD presented on "Coping During the Pandemic" at the ASRC Virtual Autism Resource Fair.
- On January 21, 2020, we hosted "Filling Your Own Cup First: Responding to the Emotions and Stressors of Parenting a Child with Special Needs."
More information can be found on the flyer
- On October 27, 2019, we co-hosted a conference with Southern State University called Youth on the Spectrum: Jobs, College, and Beyond.
Learn about the conference and view the presentations here.