Lung Neoplasms; Respiration; Thoracic Neoplasms; Pulmonary Medicine
Status of Women in Medicine Commitee (SWIM)
Dr. Tanoue is Co-Director of the Yale Thoracic Oncology Program, Director of the Yale Lung Cancer Screening and Nodule Program, and Principle Investigator for the Yale Lung Cancer Biorepository. Her research interests are focused on early detection and risk stratification for lung cancer, and the development of quality metrics for lung cancer evaluation and lung cancer screening.
Specialized Terms: Lung cancer; Thoracic oncology
The stage classification of lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer
The stage classification of lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Detterbeck FC, Postmus PE, Tanoue LT. Chest. 2013 May;143(5 Suppl):e191S-210S. doi: 10.1378/chest.12-2354. Review.
Use of new treatment modalities for non-small cell lung cancer care in the Medicare population.
Use of new treatment modalities for non-small cell lung cancer care in the Medicare population. Vest MT, Herrin J, Soulos PR, Decker RH, Tanoue L, Michaud G, Kim AW, Detterbeck F, Morgensztern D, Gross CP. Chest. 2013 Feb 1;143(2):429-35.
Lung Cancer: Epidemiology, Etiology, and Prevention.
Dela Cruz, CS, Tanoue, LT, Matthay, RA. Lung Cancer: Epidemiology, Etiology, and Prevention. Clinics in Chest Medicine, 32(4). Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia. 2011, pp 605-644.
- Lung Cancer: Clinical Evaluation and Staging Tanoue, LT. “Lung Cancer: Clinical Evaluation and Staging”, in Comprehensive Respiratory Medicine, Ed. SG Spiro SG and G Silvestri, Mosby, London, in press.
- Lung Cancer in Older Patients. Gettinger S. and Tanoue, LT. Lung Cancer in Older Patients. In Aging and Lung Diseases, M. Pisani Ed, Springer, New York, 2011, pp 89-110.
- Lung Cancer Tanoue, LT. Lung Cancer. In Yearbook of Pulmonary Medicine 2011. JA Barker, Ed. Elsevier Mosby, Philadelphia. 2011, pp 61-106.
- Lung Cancer Tanoue. LT. Lung Cancer. In Breathing in America: Diseases, Progress, and Hope. Ed. De Schraufnagel. American Thoracic Society 2010, pp. 109-120.
The New Lung Cancer Staging System.
Detterbeck FC, Boffa DJ, and Tanoue LT. The New Lung Cancer Staging System. Chest 2009; 136:260-271.
New TNM Classification for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
Tanoue LT and Detterbeck FC. New TNM Classification for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Therapy. 2009; 9:413-423.
- Lung Cancer: Epidemiology and Carcinogenesis. Dela Cruz C, Tanoue LT, and Matthay RT. Lung Cancer: Epidemiology and Carcinogenesis. In General Thoracic Surgery, Seventh Edition; Shields TW, Locicero J III, Reed CD, and Feins RH, and Rusch VW, Eds. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia. 2009, pp 1281-1298.
Anatomy, Biology, and Concepts, Pertaining to Lung Cancer Stage Classification
Detterbeck FC, Tanoue LT, and Boffa DJ. Anatomy, Biology, and Concepts, Pertaining to Lung Cancer Stage Classification. J Thor Oncol 2009; 4:437-443.
- Pulmonary Toxicity Associated With Chemotherapeutic Agents. Tanoue LT and McArdle J. Pulmonary Toxicity Associated With Chemotherapeutic Agents. In Fishman’s Textbook of Pulmonary Disorders and Diseases, 3rd Edition, A.P.Fishman, Ed., McGraw Hill, Inc., New York, pp 1067-1102.
- Pulmonary Problems in Lung Cancer Survivors Miller K and Tanoue LT. Pulmonary Problems in Lung Cancer Survivors. In Medical and Psychosocial Care of the Cancer Survivor. KD Miller, Ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA. 2009, pp 299-312.