Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply?
Request a full application via this online form. COMPLETE THIS FORM ONLY ONCE!
Once submitted, you will be immediately directed to the full application. You will also receive an email with a link for logging back into your application using the email you provide in the Request. There is also a link to download a non-fillable application so that you can review the information required. When using the link to log back into your application, you must use the email you provided in the request AND the same browser.
Do NOT request an application more than once; duplicated requests will lock you out of the application.
- I am unable to log back in with the email address I provided in Request for Application. I am seeing “duplicate panel member” error message. How should I proceed?
- If you received a “duplicate panel member” message, that means you submitted the Request for Application more than once. Please contact email@example.com for instructions.
- What is the application deadline?
- Applications must be received by February 1, 2022, 5 PM Eastern time. Letters of recommendation must be submitted by February 8, 2022, 5 PM Eastern Time.
- How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
- Can I apply if I am a freshman?
- Non-Amgen sources are available to support a small number of rising sophomores who are disadvantaged or members of underrepresented groups in the sciences (as defined by the National Institutes of Health) for participation in the program as Yale BioMed SURFers.
- Can I apply if I am an international student?
- No, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Please visit https://amgenscholars.com/ for information about Amgen sites outside of the United States.
- Do I need research experience to apply?
- Research experience is strongly recommended; however, it is not required.
- Do you accept applications from those attending a community college?
- No, you must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university.
- Are students from Puerto Rico eligible to apply?
Letters of Recommendation
- How many letters of recommendation are required?
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- Whom should I ask to provide my letter of recommendation?
- We are interested in learning about your potential as a future scientist or physician-scientist. Letters from those who have experience working with you in a research or academic environment, such as principal investigators, faculty mentors, professors, or teachers are preferred.
- How will my recommenders submit their letters of support?
You will provide email addresses for your recommenders in your application. Once your completed application is submitted you recommenders will receive an email with instructions for uploading their letters. Please let your recommenders know to check their email and junk email for the letter of recommendation request.
- Can I send a link to recommenders for uploading letters before my application is submitted?
After I Apply
- How and when will I be notified if I have been accepted?
- Accepted applicants will be notified by email in early March. Please do not contact/email the program for updates.