Make strategic use of your assets
Name Yale School of Medicine as a beneficiary of your retirement plan …
- Flexible, revocable.
- Not restricted by age.
- You have control of your assets during your lifetime.
- You can minimize taxes.
… or make a tax-free gift to Yale from your IRA
- Make a gift of up to $100,000 each year.
- Individuals age 70 ½ and older are eligible.
- Counts toward minimum required distribution.
- Not treated as taxable income.
Support Yale Medicine with a gift of real estate
Making a gift of a primary residence, vacation home, undeveloped land, or other property interests is a strategic way to support Yale School of Medicine.
- Maximize your giving potential.
- Generate tax deductions.
- Save on capital gains tax.
Real estate may also be used to fund a charitable remainder trust.
Yale University’s federal tax identification number is 06–0646973
After moving to a retirement community, Stephen and Carol Schimpff made a gift of their former home to Yale. The proceeds will fund a scholarship in their names.