The goal of this Fellowship is to develop clinician educators who will provide educational leadership in our departments and at the Yale School of Medicine. In this interactive course, participants will have the opportunity to read educational literature, discuss principles of learning, and design an educational project. Participation requires protected time to participate in 16 sessions including Medical Education Day.
- Sessions held twice monthly, each session is two hours, from September through May
- Participation in Medical Education Day at Yale, a half-day conference held in May of each year.
- Develop the skills to design and implement an educational project.
- Explore principles of learning as they apply to a variety of teaching strategies.
- Apply the educational literature to the project you design.
- Develop effective teaching skills.
- Enhance skills in giving feedback.
Coffee/tea served at 3:45pm - Sessions begin promptly at 4:00pm and end at 6:00pm
Session Dates and Topics
|1||Mon, Sep 14, 2015||TLC||Welcome, Overview/Educational Scholarship Introduction|
|2||Mon, Sep 28, 2015||SHM L 103||Effectively Searching the Medical Education Literature|
|3||Mon, Oct 12, 2015
||TLC||Foundations of Teaching|
|4||Mon, Nov 2, 2015||TLC||Curriculum Development w/ John Encandela|
Mon, Nov 30, 2015
6:00 - 7:30pm
MEF Alumni Reception
|6||Mon, Dec 14, 2015||TLC||Project Presentation|
|7||Mon, Jan 11, 2016||TLC||Observation and Feedback: 5 minute Teaching Exercise|
|8||Mon, Jan 25, 2016||TLC||Observation and Feedback: 5 minute Teaching Exercise|
|9||Mon, Feb 8, 2016||TLC|
Observation and Feedback: 5 minute Teaching Exercise
|10||Mon, Feb 22, 2016||TLC||Program Evaluation w/ John Encandela|
|11||Mon, Mar 7, 2016||TLC||Project Presentation|
|12||Mon, Mar 21, 2016||TLC||Project Presentation|
|13||Mon, Apr 4, 2016||TLC||Project Presentation|
|14||Mon, Apr 18, 2016||TLC||Project Presentation|
|15||Mon, May 2, 2015
12-2pm and 4-6pm
|TLC||Individual Help w/ Posters|
|16||May 17 or 19, 2016
Medical Education Day