Yale Pathology is an outstanding program built on a prestigious faculty recognized for superb and responsive diagnostic expertise, leadership in the integration of molecular and genomic advances into medical practices, investigative programs in basic and translational disease-oriented research, outstanding graduate and post-graduate training programs, and a culture of respect and fairness.
Our mission is to:
- Provide outstanding, cost-effective diagnostic pathology services to the Yale-New Haven Health System, community physicians, and world-wide consultative services
- Foster the scientific basis of diagnostic pathology and personalized medicine by the application of molecular and genetic knowledge and methods by accelerating the translation of advances in basic science and information technology to diagnostic practice
- Generate new knowledge by basic research in disciplines related to human disease
- Train physicians and scientists to the highest standards
- Become a local and national resource for medical education of peers and the public